Wednesday, February 11, 2009

BOYS NOIZE



Boys Noize is the new up and coming producer of that filthy electro we all love! It was him along with a few others that helped put indie/electro on the map!

Heres an interview I found on beatportal,

"Whether or not you’re on board with the breakneck indie/dance fusion that has gripped clubland in recent years, you will no doubt have been drowned, at some point, in a sea of Boys Noize.

Beatportal’s Polly Lavin sat down in Berlin with Alex Ridha aka Boys Noize for a wide-ranging chat about punk attitudes, Chicago house and producers who are missing the point.
Afternoon tea with Boys Noize
As I quietly sit sipping a tea waiting for the indie dance phenomena that is Boys Noize, I am struck almost unexpectedly by the demeanour of a toweringly tall Alex Ridha. He greets me with a massive open smile and a soft hug. He comes across as happy with life at present and is conventionally down-to-earth; he seems, considering the attention and chaos that has surrounded Boys Noize in the last couple of years, to have taken the success in his casual stride.

Ridha was first exposed to youth clubs and nightclubs at the age of 11. Working in a record shop for six years under a zealous boss opened doors for him that led to his first proper performance as a DJ at the age of 16. “My first big gig came before a series of smaller ones,” he says.

Did he feel the pressure at such a young age? “Not at all; maybe even it was the other way around. Everything was so welcoming I wasn’t even nervous about my first gig.” It’s this kind of cool confidence that seems ever present in his life currently.

What’s good about dance music right now?

The good thing is it’s always changing. I’ve been into dance music for over 10 years and I went through a lot of different styles. It always comes back to where it started from and then it starts over again because it gets boring.

Did you find a style? You say you went through a lot of different styles?

Not really. When I started in ‘96/’97 I was more about house and deep house, which now 10 years later is the new hot thing. The minimal guys play deep house now but I can’t do it. That’s what I started with and they were probably into techno 10 years ago. Though, it’s cool that Chicago house is being played again.

I look at myself more as a musician and I always like to surprise myself in a production way but also in DJing. Over the years what I really kept was my attitude in the music I play whether it’s not as noisy or techno sounding. Music I identify with has to have energy and that’s how I choose what to buy or what records to produce; it’s more of a personal thing that interests me.

What do you think is bad in dance music at the moment?

Well the sound you consider more Boys Noize is the sound we had to build. When I started the label it was totally outside of what was going on. It took a long time to build that scene just because we were not the sound that was cool at the time so we didn’t initially get the exposure and that was just four years ago. At the first Boys Noize party there was only 70 people in a small shithole in Berlin."


Anyways, here are a few tracks that are my personal favorites, and are on his top 10 most downloads on beatport:

Phantom Pt II (Boys Noize Remix) - Justice
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/98672440/file.html

A classic remix of a classic song.

Oh! (A-Trak Remix) - Boys Noize
http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/99558715/file.html

Love the beat! Reminds me of true electro.

A Mili For Hapiness (Bootleg Remix) - Lil' Wayne vs. Boys Noize
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/58998824/file.html

A totally different look on the famous track. I love the ripping electro sound we all recognize. I wonder why electro and hip hop go so well together! I know I have already said this before, but I would never have thought..

My Moon My Man (Boys Noize Remix) - Feist
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/61254987/file.html

Minimal electro house? Is that even possible? Boys Noize just did it...

Lava Lava (Dada Life Guerilla Fart Remix) - Boys Noize
http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/60575303/file.html

I'm not usually a fan of Dada Life, but when combined with Noize it is a complete different story.

...

And since I'm in a good mood tonight..

Here's the latest bomb, that was released several hours ago on beatport.

Another hit from Pryda!

The People (Eric Prydz Remix) - Sebastien Leger
http://www.zippyshare.com/v/89669723/file.html


Only the best,

AG

No comments:

Post a Comment